The Abbey Studio & Shop
We have held a Holiday Card Contest for the past few years and it has been a lot of fun, so we’re welcoming it back again this year! If you are nearby, drop off your card at our shop (shop hours: Tuesday through Sunday, noon to 5:00) or mail your entry to: The Abbey Studio, 84 Washington Street, Marblehead, MA 01945. All entries will be numbered and posted in our shop window for all to cast their vote. We’ll also post them on our Facebook page. The winning card will receive a $100 gift card to The Abbey Studio. Use of calligraphy is encouraged but not necessary. Cards must be received by noon (US Eastern time) on December 24. Don’t be shy – it’s great fun!
Holiday Card Contest – Details
Cards must arrive at The Abbey Studio by noon on December 24!
– Entries into The Abbey Studio’s Holiday Card Contest should be brought or mailed to The Abbey Studio & Shop, 84 Washington St., Marblehead, MA 01945. Everyone is eligible to bring or send a card to The Abbey Studio to participate in our Holiday Card Contest. You do not have to be local to our Marblehead, Massachusetts, Studio & Shop.
– Cards will be displayed at our Marblehead Studio & Shop. Photos of the cards also will be posted on The Abbey Studio’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/theabbeystudioUS). By entering our contest, you are providing your implicit permission for us to use your name and the image of your card in these locations, as well as on our website.
– Visitors to the Studio and Shop will be able to vote for their favorite card(s), as will viewers on The Abbey Studio’s Facebook page. These votes will determine the contest’s winner. We will have a ballot box on the porch outside our studio so people don’t have to come inside to vote.
– To be included in the contest’s voting process, cards must be received by noon (Eastern time) on December 24. Voting will continue until noon (Eastern time) on December 30 and voting results will be announced January 1. Cards will be on display until after the voting ends, and may continue to be on display until mid-January.
– Entries into our Holiday Card Contest should be handmade cards. That is, at least one element of the card must be original and created (drawn, painted, lettered, composed, etc.) by the designer. Cards can be electronically reproduced or printed, and can have or use other non-handmade elements. While not anticipated, the management of The Abbey Studio reserves the right to use its sole discretion to omit those cards it may deem non-qualifying from the contest for any reason, to ensure appropriateness for public viewing and fairness to the contest’s other card designers.
– The front of a card will be the primary visual element for purposes of contest voting. If the inside or other parts of the card contain design elements, people may not be able to view them. We will do our best to take appropriate photos for display on our Facebook page. Decorated envelopes, if provided, will not be included for purposes of voting.
– Cards are not required to feature calligraphy, but we encourage designers to try their hand at it!
– If you are voted as the contest winner, you will be able to select $100 in art supplies, workshops, and/or artwork at our Marblehead Studio & Shop. You do not need to be present locally. If you want materials shipped to you — for example, if you do not live locally — the cost of shipping will be deducted from the $100 contest award.
– If you would like your card returned to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for that purpose.
– Please be sure to include your name and your contact information when you send/bring your card. Prior to voting, artists’ names will not be revealed to the voting public. After voting ends, the artists’ names may be revealed.